Anthony Tacconi is the principal member of the Intellectual Property and Commercial Law Group. Mr. Tacconi is an experienced trial attorney with a background in intellectual property, business, and commercial matters. Prior to founding the IPCL Group, Mr. Tacconi worked in the Richmond office of a national firm, ranked Tier 1 by U.S. News Best Law Firms, and served clients across the United States and abroad.
Mr. Tacconi has spoken and published on various IP and legal issues including trademark infringement, counterfeiting and passing off, patent prosecution, patent litigation and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Mr. Tacconi is an adjunct faculty member at South University.
Mr. Tacconi is admitted to practice law in Virginia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He is also a licensed patent attorney, admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Tacconi graduated from the College of William and Mary School of Law.
He is also a member of the Jackson Patent Group, LLC, a boutique firm specializing in patent prosecution matters. His patent prosecution experience includes work involving a variety of subjects such as mechanical devices, free electron lasers, radiotherapy devices and methods, nuclear shielding, solar energy technologies, cellular and wireless technologies, polymer composite foams, business methods, and Internet and computer-implemented technologies.
Awards and Accolades:
- Named as a Virginia Rising Star (2008, 2011, 2012 and 2013) by Virginia Super Lawyers (seen in Richmond Magazine) in the area of Intellectual Property
- Named as Legal Elite by Virginia Business Magazine (2016, 2017 and 2018) in Intellectual Property Law
- William & Mary School of Law, J.D.
- Villanova University, B.S.
Admitted to Practice:
- Virginia (2001)
- Pennsylvania (2002)
- New Jersey (2005)(no longer active)
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia (2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2002)
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey (2006)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2016)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2001)
Please direct all inquiries to: Anthony Tacconi, Esquire at 804.658.1108 or email@example.com